Thursday, July 21, 2011

Surprise, Surprise

Jeremy is terrible at keeping secrets. He really is. The thing is, he just gets so darn secretive. If he’d act normal, I’d never suspect. So, with our anniversary coming up, and his starting to say things like, “Don’t check my email!!!” (side note: I never, ever check his email), I knew he was up to something (that and a horrible blunder by the USPS involving a returned envelope and a sticker covering all of the address except for the word “Cabins”, which I tried my best to ignore). On Saturday he finally told me, which was a relief to both of us. Him, because it was killing him to keep something from me; and me, because it was killing me to play dumb.

So, next Sunday after church, we’ll be headed out for a 7 hour road trip to the mountains (I’m ridiculously stoked about the road trip). We’ll be staying here:



This is the first time in our *almost* 8 years of marriage that we’ll be going somewhere by OURSELVES (we did go to Disneyworld last year without the kids, but we shared a room with some friends. Which was fun, but not exactly private), for more than one night.

I’ll be spending a lot of time in this:



 

While looking at this:


 I might even do THIS.

And THIS!


(But with Jeremy- not a random woman. And I definitely won’t be wearing a leather vest/shirt.)

And if I do those, I’ll definitely need this:




I might find some other things to do... but this is a G rated blog. Well... PG at most. ;)

I don’t know if I’ll have the web up in them there hills or not. So I’ll be off the map for a few days. You’ll just have to make do without me. I’ll be sure to post some pictures when I get back!











Images taken from Google and rugbycreekcabins.com

1 comment:

  1. Wow, honey - that looks wonderful. You have a special man to go to all that trouble ON HIS OWN!! If at all possible, leave the computer home (that way, neither of you will be 'distracted').
    Take lots of pictures (I'd be disappointed if you didn't, as well as LOTS of others).
    Make this your time to reconnect with Jeremy and rejuvenate yourself.
    Happy Anniversary, early. Love you - Auntie.

    ReplyDelete